Update on Online Proctored Exams
May 21, 2020
Development on the college’s online proctored exams is proceeding well. We have been working hard to modify our exam delivery software to enable a transition to a virtual proctoring environment. Providing a seamless and secure exam experience on your computer is essential to us. Preliminary testing of security protocols has been positive, and the remaining development work is on track. Our scheduling system is also being updated to accommodate more flexibility when you choose a date and time for your online exam. We are committed to ensuring a smooth transition to the new online format, and we thank you for your continued patience.
As we approach our forecasted go-live date in mid-June, many students have contacted us with questions about how these may differ from in-person exams and any possible changes that can be expected.
Here are the answers we can provide at his time:
The Exam Format
- Exams will continue to be closed book, multiple choice questions
- The duration of exams will be three hours
- You will need to be in view of your web-cam at all times during your exam
- All existing exam room guidelines will continue to apply
Scheduling an Online Exam
- Once we launch online exams, you may reschedule your current exam at no charge
- The standard $50 fee will apply for all subsequent changes
- After you finalize your exam booking, you will be required to complete a system-check to ensure you are able to take the exam without issue (onboarding)
- Onboarding will take between 10 and 30 minutes
- Onboarding must be completed at least one day before your scheduled exam date
A step-by-step guide about onboarding will be provided in a future update
We will continue to provide details here as we conclude arrangements.